As a member of Triangle Sisters in Crime, you become a part of a community where you can meet mystery authors at all phases of their careers, network, advance your skills, promote your work and get and give advice.
Triangle Sisters in Crime North Carolina offers its members these opportunities:
- To learn at monthly meetings. Examples of meeting topics include writing advice, guest sessions from experts in related fields such as law enforcement and the publishing industry, opportunities to share work in progress and social events.
- Enjoy a few members-only events each year. Our January social celebrates the life and work of a famous mystery writer. Open mics, book festivals, and field trips are part of our program.
- To take skill-building workshops at a discounted price.
- To promote your work, on this website, through our presence on Facebook, and by participating in a Speaker’s Bureau.
- To share information with other members about resources, including editors, photographers, publicists and subject matter experts.
To join the Triangle SinC chapter, you must first be a member of the national organization of Sisters in Crime (SinC dues are $50 per year for writers, $40 for reader/fans). Triangle SinC dues are $18 per year. Renewal begins in December for the following year. If a member joins the chapter in October or later, dues paid will cover the following year as well. If dues are not paid by March 1, the member will be dropped from the membership list.